Sky Beach Cabin is a small dog friendly vacation cabin rental on a scenic mountain river in rural western Washington 60 miles northeast of Seattle.
Sky Beach Cabin is unique with a no-bank path to a half-mile long rocky/sandy beach along the Skykomish River that dogs and kids love. No other cabin in this area has access to this kind of river beach.
Beach bungalow rustic on the outside; inside this rental vacation cabin was completely remodeled in 2009. The cabin has an updated terrific kitchen, electric fireplace, comfortable king bed, in addition to “adorable” fishing cabin decor.
The advantage of the bungalow layout is the bedrooms on opposite ends of the cabin, therefore providing privacy for two couples or a small family.
Outdoor recreationists will love the cabin’s closeness to three wilderness areas and a national forest. Great hiking (leashed dogs allowed on most of the trails), whitewater rafting & kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, seasonal fishing, and rock climbing are practically out the cabin’s front door.
After a day of playing, relax in your own private steaming hot tub just a few steps out the front door. Unlike most cabins, you’re completely under cover so you don’t get cold and wet getting to the hot tub.
Guests love being in a woodsy setting in addition to having a river view from the hot tub.
Sky Beach Cabin makes a great Washington state summer vacation rental with easy access to the Skykomish River. Lounge chairs, dining table & chairs, and fire pit are on the beach in the summer. Enjoy relaxing next to the river with majestic Mt Baring looming above while the river laps gently on the beach, or have a beach fire under the stars. Your dog will love the opportunity to swim. The river immediately in front of the cabin is not whitewater, with a gentle flow and some deep pools.
The covered deck with dining table and chairs provides an alternative in inclement weather, and can be used year-round.
- 800 sq ft cabin accommodates 4 people and two dogs
- Non-holiday cabin rental rates start at $135
- Two bedrooms on opposite ends of the cabin for privacy
- Main bedroom has cushy king bed, TV, DVD player, writing desk
- Second bedroom with bunk beds (full, twin). To keep rates low this room is only available when there are more than two people, or for an additional fee. Note: top bunk not suitable for small children as it does not have a side rail
- One bathroom with shower
- Sheets and towels provided
- Fully equipped kitchen includes dishes, pots & pans, utensils, some pantry items
- Electric fireplace
- 32″ TV with 250+ channels, Netflix, DVD player, stereo, Ipod connector
- 32″ TV in main bedroom with smart DVD player
- Free WiFi
- River view from most rooms
- Up to two quiet mature flea-free dogs allowed with additional fee
- Good storage for longer vacations
- Discounted Stevens Pass lift tickets with stay
- Outdoor covered hot tub with river view
- Semi-private location
- Charcoal grill
- Camp fire ring in front yard with river view
- No-bank access to a rocky/sandy beach on the south fork Skykomish River. Note: beach may be inaccessible when the river level is high
- Covered deck with dining table, chairs, grill and river view
- Small deck off main bedroom with mountain view
- Table, chairs, fire pit, and lounge chairs on beach in the summer
- Partial Mt Baring view from the bedroom and hot tub
- Smoking is OK outside
- Close to great outdoor recreation
- 30 minutes west of Stevens Pass
- 90 minutes NE of Seattle
- Plowing is done in winter to keep the road open; but AWD, 4WD, chains and high clearance vehicle may be needed at times in winter
Arrival Time after 4pm; departure time by 12 noon
+1 (425) 268-9201 (call/text)